Big Idea: When you are in the midst of the mess of life a powerful, promise-keeping God stands ready to help.
- Moses was faithful to the assignment God gave him. He went to speak to Pharaoh and delivered God’s message.
- Things got worse instead of better.
- Leaders appeal to Pharaoh regarding the hopelessness of their situation.
- Leaders blame Moses.
Exodus 5:21 – and they said to them, “The Lord look on you and judge, because you have made us stink in the sight of Pharaoh and his servants, and have put a sword in their hand to kill us.”
- Moses complains to God.
- Our disappointment in not seeing God do what we think he should do blinds us to the reality of what He actually is doing.
- God’s people didn’t see a way out.
God doesn’t give us a roadmap, He gives us Himself to guide us.
Trust His Timing, Trust His Plan, Keep Going with God
- What would cause a person to be disappointed with God?
- What are some misconceptions people have about following God?
- What are some ways we can encourage and walk with people who have been disappointed by God or others?
- What could we do as a missional community to minister to the de-churched and unchurched?
- How would you respond to someone who said to you, “Why follow God?”