What does the miracle mean?
- Jesus shows up at weddings … and at all other times too!
- Jesus is sufficient for every crisis.
- Jesus keeps the party going … in style!
- Jesus preplaces religious ritual with kingdom reality.
Key (v. 11): This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory. And his disciples believed in him.
- Jesus shows up in his glory.
- Jesus meets our needs from his glory.
- Jesus brings us the joy of his glory.
- Jesus replaces empty religion with his glory.
The miracle is not that God does something extraordinary for you, but that God does something extraordinary in you and through you… He reveals his glory!
What are we to do with this? The disciples believed in him …
- Look for his presence.
- Trust his sufficiency.
- Rest in his joy.
- Let go of empty religion.
- Enter his mission.
- Of the five ways to express belief in Jesus (above), which is most difficult for you? Why is it difficult for you? What is keeping you from practicing it? What would it look like for you to practice it?
- What does it look like for God to reveal his glory in you?
- How have you seen God at work in and/or around your life this week in your own life or the lives of others?